Sunday, September 16, 2012

International Dot Day!


Wow! So the final number of teachers, students, libraians, and others who registered to celebrate International Dot Day this year was over 600,000 worldwide! Every state in the United States and 6 continents (anyone have a friend in Antartica?!) were represented. Last year there were about 17,000. What growth! I am excited to say that this was my third year celebrating with my class and second year making our awesome t-shirts! (I'll post a short video with the technique we used at the end of this post.)

After celebrating at school on Friday, Emily and I headed to the Blue Bunny in Dedham and helped create a huge collaborative dot with Peter! You'l see it in this slideshow. Didn't it come out beautiful?!

 

On Saturday, we headed in The Children's Museum in Boston where we were able to participate in the Dot Day celebration. Emily and I even had our picture taken with the Mayor of Boston, Mr. Tom Menino.

To learn more about the message of The Dot and Dot Day, here are the Reynolds brothers in a really cool Discovery Education webcast to tell you all about it!

 
Looking forward to next year.  It is the 10th anniversary of the book.  I am sure exciting things are to come!
 
Here's the tie-dye Sharpie tie-dye project video:
 

           

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and positive comments welcome! Note: Because this is a classroom blog, I do moderate comments, so there will be a delay once you post your comment.